Welcome to Panama!
Thank you for planning your vacation at the Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa. We are looking forward to hosting you on Isla Bastimentos in Bocas del Toro. PLEASE PRINT AND BRING THIS LETTER WITH YOU
as it contains important details about your stay.
The Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa is made up of 41 individual villas spread out over large island hillside. You will arrive from Bocas Town by
boat to the Red Frog Marina on Isla Bastimentos; then you will receive your Jungle Cart and wind through a Nature Preserve on bumpy dirt pathways to arrive at the resort. Red Frog Beach is not your typical resort; the homes and the amenities are spread-out, there is no central pool, no bellhop or big lobby area and you will travel over rocky roads as you wind through the natural landscape.
- Included in your rate: Daily housekeeping, Airport pickup and transportation, WiFi, and Private pool
Upon arrival, check with your villa host for this week's activities and schedule one of the many tours
you would like to experience in Bocas del Toro. We especially recommend the Canopy Zipline Tour
and a massage at the new El Susurro Spa
is a must! Our resort office is at the Marina Village and you can plan activities and learn more from this location. There is also an island activity center for tourists at the resort lobby.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION:
Your arrival in Panama City:
If you would like to organize Airport taxi pickup in Panama City (airport code: PTY), please contact us for more details.
Please note: The domestic airport in Panama that flies to Bocas is called Albrook (airport code: PAC) with the carrier Air Panama: www.flyairpanama.com
. It is approximately a 45-minute drive from Tocumen International Airport to Albrook Airport.
Airport arrival in Bocas del Toro:
You will be greeted at the Bocas del Toro airport (on Isla Colon) by a member of our staff from our airport office. After a short taxi ride to Bocas Town you will enjoy a 10 to 15 minute boat ride passing by where Columbus anchored to arrive at the Red Frog Marina.
If you wish to take boat taxis over to Bocas Town and back to Red Frog during your stay (except for arrival and departure, included in price), the cost is approximately $10 (one way) per person depending on the time of the day and the number of passengers.
Arrival by land:
It is a 8-10 hour car ride from Panama City to Almirante where you then take a water taxi to Bocas. There are two water taxi companies in Almirante, Bocas Marine Tours and Taxi 25 that have boats leaving for Bocas every 30 minutes, from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. The ride takes approximately 25 minutes. Please make your way to our Red Frog Beach office in Bocas Town (see above map). Your boat transfer to Red Frog will then be organized from there.
Arrival to Bastimentos:
Once you have arrived at the Red Frog Marina docks and to the Resort Office you will receive keys to your Villa.
Master Card and Visa are the two types of credit cards that are most of time accepted in Bocas Del Toro and Red Frog Beach. Businesses rarely accept American Express in Bocas.
Smoking is not permitted in the villas nor in and around the villa pool and patio areas. Please be respectful of other guests.
- Communications: If you purchase a phone in Panama, get +movil brand. There is WiFi and Satellite TV in the villas, which are about 90% reliable-remember this is a remote island. No refunds are given for technical problems with phone, wi-fi or cable tv.
- Conservation: The environment is the main amenity here. The rental price includes the average amount of electricity used by guests (30Kwh per day). If you go over that allotted amount, you are charged for the excess. Please conserve energy by turning off lights and AC units as well as limiting your water use. The price for power is $0.45kwh. We hope you will support our efforts to be good stewards of the environment that makes Red Frog Beach such a special place.
- Your Villa: Your villa is stocked with dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, bath and beach towels, and one hairdryer. All villas (except suite 29a) have a clothing washer and dryer. Daily maid service is included in rate. There are no food supplies stocked in the villa and no groceries available to purchase at Red Frog Beach.
- Money and Credit: There is one ATM at the bank in Bocas Town, Isla Colon, 3 blocks from the airport. No area merchants take travelers checks. A few do take credit cards. When you check-in at Red Frog Beach, you can sign up to run tabs at the restaurants and for the zipline and spa. Most boat tours require payment in CASH ONLY. Most people use tabs and cash for their purchases at our facilities.
- What to Pack: Sunscreen, shampoo, conditioning, insect repellent, umbrella/rain poncho, small flashlight, long pants and sturdy shoes for jungle hiking, casual clothing, swimsuit, and a sun hat.
- Water: There is no need for you to purchase bottled water to bring to the island. The well water at Red Frog Beach is perfectly safe to drink straight out of the tap. There have never been any incidents of illness related to drinking water at Red Frog.
- Nature Preserve Roads at Red Frog Beach: Over 70% of the resort is designated as Nature Preserve. You will find that the roads passing through the Nature Preserve leading to the villas are unpaved and bumpy. Guests must use precaution when driving their Jungle Carts.
- Additional guests in the villas:
Reservations are made under the name of one person, using that person's billing and personal information and is completely responsible for any damage to the villa. That person must be present at check-in and no other guests may be admitted to the villa prior to that. Only persons on the reservation list, staying at the resort are permitted in the villa.
We hope this information has been helpful. We look forward to seeing you at Red Frog Beach and enjoy your stay!
The Red Frog Team